Effective from May 14, 2023, “Meeting Visa” will be granted for any foreign national visiting the Maldives for the purpose of attending a meeting, conference, or convention held in the Maldives. Meeting Visa does not require pre-approval, and it will be issued to foreign nationals who meet the entry requirements under the mentioned visa.
The following are the prerequisites for entry;
- A passport or a travel document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 1-month validity. (Passengers with an extended validity in their passports are not allowed to enter.)
- A complete travel itinerary including return journey confirmed tickets, with a prepaid confirmed hotel booking at a registered hotel or provide proof of financial means for sufficient funds to support the stay in Maldives.
- Entry requirements to their onward destinations; for example, the visa and passport validity.
- A proof document that indicates the visiting purpose.
- Traveller Declaration must be filled in and submitted by all travelers travelling to and from Maldives, within 96 hours to the flight time. The form has to be submitted electronically via IMUGA.
Entry to the Maldives is not guaranteed even with a comprehensive travel plan (confirmed tickets for the return trip, prepaid confirmed accommodation reservations at registered hotels, or proof of sufficient financial resources). According to Sections 7 and 8 of The Maldives Immigration Act 2007, entrance will be permitted at the port of entry following an immigration officer’s determination of eligibility.