Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities on arrival to the Maldives. As such, a foreigner travelling to Maldives as a tourist does not require pre-approval for the visa. However, the person must satisfy the basic entry requirements to get immigration clearance upon arrival.
The basic entry requirements are as follows;
- A passport or a travel document with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) with at least 1 months validity. (Passengers with an extended validity in their passports are not allowed to enter.)
- A complete travel itinerary including return journey confirmed tickets, with a prepaid confirmed hotel booking at a registered hotel, or provide proof of financial means for sufficient funds to support the stay in Maldives, or hold a pre-approved visa sponsorship Maldives Immigration.
- Entry requirements to their onward destinations; for example, the visa and passport validity.
- Traveller Declaration must be filled in and submitted by all travelers travelling to and from Maldives, within 96 hours to the flight time. The form has to be submitted electronically via IMUGA.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable. Children under 1 year of age are exempt from Yellow Fever vaccination. Click here to check the Yellow Fever endemic countries.
Children / minors must have their own passport to enter the Maldives.
Transit travellers are defined as those travelling to another country via Maldives, without clearing Maldives arrival immigration.
A complete travel itinerary (return journey confirmed tickets, prepaid confirmed hotel booking at a registered hotel, if not provide proof of financial means for sufficient funds to support the stay in Maldives) does not guarantee entry to Maldives. Entry will be granted at the port of entry after the determination of admissibility by Immigration officers, as in accordance with Section 7 and 8 of The Maldives Immigration Act 2007.
Last update: December 21, 2022