A dependent visa is issued to immediate family members of expatriate workers (professional categories only) working in the Maldives.
The following documents are required to apply for Dependent Visa.
- Application for Permit Extension From (IM23).
- A color copy of the passport biodata page of the applicant.
- Passport size photo (in accordance with the Maldives Immigration’s Photo Standard and must be a recent photo).
- Copy of work visa (of the expatriate worker).
- Documents to prove the relationship with the dependent(s) (marriage certificate or birth certificate).
- Medical health screening report of the applicant issued from a Hospital/Clinic authorized by the relevant government authority (required for both new applications and extensions).
- Health Insurance (required for both new applications and extensions)
- Copy of the last visa page (issued to remain in the Maldives). (if applicable only).
- Last visa issued from Maldives (applicable for renewal only).
- Application information form (IM30) (required for high-risk countries only).
- Dependent Visa card fee, MVR50.
- Dependent Visa fee, MVR750 for each 3 months.
- Dependent Visa applications shall be submitted via IMUGA online portal.
- Applications to extend the Dependent visa can be submitted from 3 months to expiry.